12.21.2005

Clear Vision and Cold Nights

Well, my vision seems to have straightened itself out. It turned out to be inflamed sinus pressure, which apparently compressed or irritated an optical nerve. One lesson I did learn though; pay attention to the meds you purchase in the pharmacy. I go through a lot of deongestant. I tend to have alergies and sinus pressure several times a year. The think to watch out for is the new nasal decongestant- Phenylephrine (Sudafed PE) which apparently does NOT work for me. The packaging, from color to style is almost identical to the old fashioned pseudoephedrine (Sudafed). In NC you have to look for the card hanging above the other meds to get the pseudoephedrine product from your pharmacist. Thats right, thanks to the meth manufactures, the state has put limits on how much Sudafed you can purchase at a time. Note: if you decide to try the new Sudafed PE type decongestant, please be advised that the dose is ONE little red pill, not two as with the original Sudafed.

In other news, I took another day off from work today. It is really cold tonight, with the low at 30 degrees. I can't wait for spring! I don't mind if the temperatures dip into the 50's overnight, but anything lower than that is just too low for me.....

Dave and I went to Morehead City today to do a little Christmas shopping, Dave also had to renew his Driver License today.

Note to all motor vehicle drivers: Please check the date on your drivers license for the renewal date!!!!
If you don't notice that your license expired on your last birthday, you may have to take the written and the driving test over completely! Enough said :)

Food for thought: Google is your friend! Before forwarding that email that has been forwarded eight times before reaching you, you know, the one that says, "boycott that department store, or gas station, because they are un American", please just use google as a source to prove/disprove the facts stated before you get all riled up start emailing the piece of propoganda to all of your family and friends. Not only will you exercise your brain with useful information, but you may break the chain of mis information and ignorance. Thats all I have to say about that :)
I may start posting these emails and straightening out the fact from fiction here. I'll have to think about it.

No comments: