12.03.2005

Happy Holidays!!!

Okay, so I'm lousy at keeping my blog current. For the last few months, my schedule has been hectic, with night and day (and week) all blending together. Let's see... Time change leaves me zapped for a while and then there are the three hour commutes to our parents homes for Thanksgiving...

We stayed at Dave's mothers' house for Thanksgiving, and I must say...
Wow!
That was a treat!...

My Mother-In-Law is having her whole house remodeled, and it is turning out lovely. The whole house now has a positive flow to it, from room to room. She's had new windows installed in just about every room, new doors, a new Florida Room added, and new flooring throughout. The floor covering is beautiful, and Eco friendly too! Mom chose to have cork floor tiles installed. Here' a link to cork floor facts . Doing research on earth friendy flooring I thought this link was helpful for bamboo flooring. Mom also had her yard landscaped, and added gardens and art. The house is "in the country" , surrounded by a beautiful Carolina wooded (loblolly pines, rhodondendrons, and lots of other shrubs and trees that would take hours to identify and describe!) community. I love the house Mom!!!....

Well, we had more food than any of us could hope to eat in a week!!! My dad drove down from Akron, Ohio, he does every year. Mom's neighbors, Mr. & Mrs. Lafferty and her co-worker Alison joined us for the celebration. So all in all, there were seven of us. Mom had ham, turkey and all the trimmings, and Alison brought two of the best cakes I have ever put into my mouth! She brought pineapple cake with pineapple frosting, and yellow cake with chocolate frosting. The baker uses only natural ingredients, such as butter, NOT margarine! Yum! Now my mouth is watering. Oh well, if that baker were any where in a reasonable driving distance to me, I would probably HAVE to join a health club to keep all the extra weight off.... ...

Well.. I must stop here, it's time for sleep.

No comments: