3.17.2007

relevant quote from a WWII war criminal

Earlier today I decided to work on my sigma ranking at Blogshares by using the random blog link. I came across some really lame blogs... The ones that say "This is a test post"... and a few that I really enjoyed reading as well. One blog, written by a school teacher unfortunately had to be delisted (last post was in Feb. of 2006), had several quotes as posts. I read the name Hermann Goering, on an older post, and thought the name looked vaguely familiar. So yes, I Goggled him, and found this page. This quote recorded almost 61 years ago...


Quote:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

-- Hermann Goering at the Nuremberg trials

Hermann Goering was not a good person, in fact he was a miscreant, war criminal, and I'm sure not the kind of guy you'de want to befriend.
I support our troops in Iraq with my whole heart, because they are over there, doing their jobs, but I want them all home. Leading normal productive lives, and able to leave the hellish nightmare that they are living over there to end. I detest violence, and the conditions that our military are forced to deal with daily are awful! My wish is for peace for our troops, and for the innocent civilians as well.
Is there a solution to the current level of violence, and loss of life currently in Iraq? I don't really know, but it's time to let the Iraqis police their own affairs.

No comments: