12.30.2005

Holiday Review

Dave and I had a wonderful Christmas this year. We stayed in Chapel Hill, NC with Dave's mother, Elaine. It was a quick trip. We left the island Christmas Eve, and had to return December 26 to clean one of our vacation rental houses. We had a lovely time visiting with family and friends. Christmas Day was split up between Chapel Hill, with Elaine, and then Durham, NC at my brother Tim's with my siblings, mother, and all the rest of the family.

I can't believe how quickly the nieces (Ashley and Erica) and the nephews (Justin and Brandon) are growing up...
I remember holding the newborn Ashley (now 16) in my arms in what seems like 4 or 5 years ago. I love them all very much, but Ashley was the first niece I held. Sometimes it saddens me to realize that all the important things (i.e. after school sports, concerts and parties, etc.)in their lives are passing me by. I am so proud of each and every one of them for the wonderful and unique individuals that they have become. I would like to be there to share their achievements and memories with them. There aren't enough hours in the day, or days in the week to make that possible. I really enjoy spending time with all of our family on the holidays.

Well, it's past time for sleep....

Goodnight All...

No comments: